Right Click Block

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

Yesterday was wonderful. (The roses are from church...all the mommies got one). Even though Jesse's a million miles away, he still managed to make Mother's Day special for me. He'd planned ahead and had some gifts on the way before he left. I wasn't allowed to open them, or read the note he'd left for me, until Mother's Day. It was a killer to have to wait...but I did it :o) And it was worth it. His note was such an encouragement. And he got me two back up camera batteries for my camera, plus America's Test Kitchen's Family Baking Book. America's Test Kitchen is my favorite cookbook...it pretty much taught me how to cook! :o) And so I'm super excited about this baking cookbook. Although after drooling through page after page of amazing recipes, I'll have to work hard to make sure I don't gain 50 pounds! Luckily I have a house full of Rawleighs who have eagerly informed me they will help me eat the yummy goodness.

Jesse didn't call this weekend, which I was hoping for. But it was okay. This week is his first full week and he'll be doing lots of boring/hard things like more physical conditioning, more getting yelled at, and more learning the basics of military life. But he'll also be doing some fun things like getting issued his first weapon. I can't wait to hear how he's doing! I'm sure he's doing great. I miss him so much! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment