Right Click Block

Friday, December 17, 2010

Memories

When I look back on today I will have a few fond memories...

1) When I was cleaning LJ up after breakfast, she started babbling excitedly and pointing to my face...where there's a big zit in the middle of my forehead. Yes, Lily, a pimple. Fascinating, I know. No, you can't touch it.

2) When I was putting Sam in the moby wrap before lunch she got all snuggled in and promptly barfed...right down my tank. Thank you, second daughter, thank you.

3) (I got picked on by a certain husband for this one) Whenever I thought of my family coming to visit, I cried. Seriously. At least three different times. And no, not cause I'm terrified about hosting them for ten days ;o) but because every time I think of finally seeing them again (yay!) I also start thinking of having to say goodbye to them again (booohoooo!). So I cried. Good grief! That's gotta be the hormones, right? (Someone please tell me when I need to stop using that as my excuse! :o) But please wait till I get a full night's sleep!)

Jesse's home now. We survived! Lily is bathed and about ready for bed. Sam will be up to nurse and then *fingers crossed* back to bed soon.

After that, I shall enjoy a hot bath, a glass of wine, and five baby-free minutes with my man before we both pass out.

And, not to brag, but I did get the laundry put away. It took all day, but I did it!

3 comments:

  1. hey and when it comes right down to it, you only have one more day without help until Sammy is a whole month old! I love you! see you sooooonnnn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dearest dil,
    it doesn't seem so now, but someday those memories will bring a smile to your beautiful face. and, going through it, if you are doing your best (hormones, sleep deprivation, and all) and relying on the strength God has for you - then you are doing a great job -
    and some 'i love you' mil advice - let your mom mommy you just a little while she's there =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good advice...I shall try to let myself be mommied ;o)

    ReplyDelete