Right Click Block

Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday Fun Facts

Fun Facts - Germany

1.  Everyone thinks of beer when they think of Germany, but they've been producing fantastic wines since the middle ages and have over 250,000 acres of vineyards, mostly on the Rhine and Moselle riverbanks.  I'm going to be living near the Rhine.  I like wine.  So this makes me very happy :o)

2.  Germany has 101 nature parks and 14 national parks.  I'm hoping to check out a few.  Among the other thousand and one things I want to do while we're there!

3. Germans are very big on being environmentally conscious.  Apparently they were the ones who first started using the term "going green"!  They recycle religiously, ride bikes everywhere, and shop with reusable canvas bags or large baskets. 

4.  Germany has the second largest number of wind farms in one country, after the United States. 

(Fun Facts thanks to Lonely Planet)

No comments:

Post a Comment