Right Click Block

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Boys Will Be Boys (and Girls Will Be Girls)

So in order to sign up to travel Space-A back to the States without your sponsor (that's Jesse) you have to have a signed "command sponsorship" letter... which basically says that the sponsor and the squadron are aware that you are traveling, taking the kids, where you're going, how long, etc. 

Well, it's taken awhile to get mine signed.  Mostly cause I didn't realize how important it was to get it (the sooner you get it the sooner you are on the sign up list... the higher up you are to compete for available seats) so I didn't mention it to Jesse till I found that out.  And then it took him awhile to actually track down the necessary signer for it. 

So for the past five days or so, every time he comes home from work, that paper is my first question.  (After how are you and I love you and how was your day and all...) 

When he got home today, I asked and he said, "The Colonel is on vacation... for seven days."

I stopped dead.  A million sad thoughts started racing through my head, mainly that my shot to get home for family vacation is toast. 

Then I see Jesse turn toward me with a sly grin on his face...

... he was kidding...

...aaaaaand I burst into tears.  Poof!  (Insert major meltdown)

Um, so I have my letter :o)  And I'm going to go stop by the airport terminal tomorrow to sign up and ask some questions. 

We're laughing about the meltdown now cause it really was pretty funny.  But not to me at the time.  As soon as he saw my face (about 2.5 seconds before the tears exploded everywhere) he came rushing over "Babe I'm just kidding it's okay I'm so sorry I shouldn't have said that I thought that was probably a bad idea don't worry it'll all be fine SHHHHHH".

Boys. 

:o)

3 comments:

  1. sometimes he gets himself into those meltdown situations by his own tricks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously! Serves him right! I spent the rest of the night holding it over his head... "hey remember when you made me burst into tears?" ;o)

    ReplyDelete