Right Click Block

Sunday, September 11, 2011

What to Say on a Day Like Today?


I've been trying to think all day of something to say. 

I feel like I should, you know?  I'm an American, a military spouse.  A patriot.  I'm sad and somber.  I want to honor those who died that day... and those who are fighting still.  But I just don't know what to say.

I remember asking my Dad when he picked me up from soccer practice if we were going to war.  I was scared.  I had no idea what war would mean.  And I still don't. 


Our country is so strong.  I'm proud.  I'm especially proud we're in the Air Force. 

But I'm challenged that I don't pray enough.  At church today the pastor called up those who's spouses are currently deployed... and there were many more than I would have expected.  Many of the ladies were sitting together.  I was a little choked up. 

Jen's husband James is deploying at the end of November.  Amber's husband Kyle is currently deployed.  As is my friend Tricia's husband. 

But I don't pray for them!  And I should.  And I will.  For my friends who fight and their families who wait and pray.  For my country.  My president.  My husband. 

That's the best and greatest thing I can do to honor them. 

Of course I'll never forget 9/11.  None of us will.  Lord please protect our country from further heartbreaking days like today. 

3 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean...infact I took the other route and didn't mention it on my blog post today at all...there is just so much feeling but no words to represent it adequately. Thanks for the prayers and future prayers though...I am sure come December I will be needing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last night I went to a 9/11 memorial concert with Denver&MHO and a choir from FLM - - I was in tears by the end of the first song (and for much of the remainder of the concert) - - they had an airman (female) bring the American flag down the aisle and place it in the stand and we all sang the National Anthem (pretty sure there were no dry eyes in the place) . . . then later in the program they did a tribute to each branch of the military (with servicemen/women in uniform bringing their military flags down the aisle). Wow - I'm getting all teary-eyed just remembering! Anyhow I was definitely all proud of Jesse (and you & the girls) for serving our country!

    Jen - - I don't know you, but I will be praying for you and for James while he's deployed! Thanks for the reminder, Jess!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it was a really nice concert Mom. Sniff..

    ReplyDelete