Right Click Block

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Happy St. Nicholas Day!


I was all excited to start our St. Nicholas Day tradition last night... but I forgot :o)  And since my kids aren't even old enough to remember what they ate for breakfast yesterday, I'm gonna just let this slide and put it on the "to do in future Christmases" list. 

What I was GOING to do was put one of each of their little boots next to the door.  Then in the morning they'd come down and find a few pieces of chocolate, a Christmas cookie or two, and maybe a piece of fruit.  I grilled Nina, my German hair dresser, all about this German tradition because I want to add it to our own.  Then the girls get to grow up remembering the time we spent in Germany! 

I think I might also incorporate a book like this into St. Nicholas Day so we can talk about the legend and how it morphed into Santa Claus and all that. 


But that's for another year when I have a better memory and my kids are old enough to care.  In the meantime, I'm going to go eat another cookie!

2 comments:

  1. that will be a fun memory -
    did you make these cookies?

    x0x0x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did indeed :o) That's the batch I decorated for the MOPS cookie exchange today.

    ReplyDelete