Right Click Block

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Dinner with Friends


Sorry for the silence the past two days.  Jesse's "weekend" was Tuesday/Wednesday this week.  We spent one day being totally lazy and the next he was running around working on the car (you have to do oil changes at the shop on base... the German's don't like you working on your car on their nice roads) while I was picking up the house and making lasagna to share with the Meades!

Kyle just got back from an almost 7 month deployment to Kosovo.  It was the first time we've seen the whole family back together again since two weeks before he deployed when they had us over for dinner.  I think I mentioned it way back when... because their kindness and hospitality to reach out to us newbies was really meaningful to us.  We met them on the playground at the Squadron's annual picnic two weeks before he was leaving.  During a time when I'd be selfishly sucking every last drop of time with my husband for myself, they had us over for dinner!

In the time Kyle's been gone, Amber's become a dear, dear friend.  And I'm so thankful she has her husband back.  But it's a little bittersweet for me, because Kyle's return home signals the almost-end of their time here in Germany.  They'll be PCSing back to the States in March.  GAAAAAH! 



Next week, we're going to get to hang out with their oldest son Tyler for a few days while Kyle and Amber hit up Venice.  I'm actually looking forward to seeing what it would be like to have three kids... and especially seeing what it's like to have a small human in the house who can actually talk and wipe his own tush.  Should be fun! 

And then, before I know it, Amber will be off to Florida for the next leg of her adventure!  I'm sad, but I'm not too sad, you know?  I feel like I really applied AF Wife Lesson #3 well to this friendship.  And though we've been friends less than a year, I know we will remain friends, even across the ocean!  It doesn't make AF Wife Lesson #2 any easier, but it's a part of our new life. 

Blessings on your family as you get ready to move Amber!  You will be missed in Germany!

2 comments:

  1. I think it was fate that I met you that day. I will never be able to thank you for everything you have done for me over the past 7 months. There will always be a special special place in my heart for you. ::hugs::

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs to you, too friend. And... are you SURE you have to move to Florida? ;o)

      Delete