Right Click Block

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving: Missing Family and Excited to Hang with Friends


I'm torn this morning.  Half of me is thinking of family back in the States... mine is all gathered together at Uncle Floyd and Aunt Janet's in Lancaster, PA.  I have so many memories of Turkey Day at their house!  And Jesse's family will be together in Massachusetts... Lily's first Thanksgiving was on Cape Cod...

*sigh*  I wish I could be three places at once!   


Because as much as I want to be with family, I'm so thankful for my Air Force Family and I'm very much looking forward to our celebration today.  We have another awesome crew of about 20 people coming over today.  Old friends, new friends, and soon-to-be-new friends.  We'll be frying TWO turkeys!  And Kirsten, Shawna, and I have been busy bees in our own respective kitchens the past few days... I can't wait till the three of us bring it all together in my kitchen to spend the day laughing and cooking as a team!

May you all have a wonderful, wonderful Thanksgiving.  If I'm related to you, please know you are in my heart today. I love you all so much!!!

Oh and insert a quick little fun fact about Germany... take it from Nina, my hairdresser and resident German authority on Thanksgiving: this is an American holiday that the Germans are super jealous of!  She always makes her best friend from the States cook her a Thanksgiving dinner when she visits... even if it's in March.  So enjoy your coveted American holiday!

And think of me as you get to watch the Macy's Parade live while you cook your food.  It's another one of those silly things I miss about living in the States.  

Peace, love, and turkey from Germany!

2 comments:

  1. we missed you, too . . . but were happy to talk to you! is was funny to watch the 3 16-year-olds playing in the basement and doing 'missions' with Ninja costumes on (good times)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha did they really? Awww. Glad to see they're keeping with tradition ;o)

      Delete