Right Click Block

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Oh Ya Know, Just Out Walking the Goat(s)


So the other day (like, two weeks ago!) when the sun was making a delightful appearance, I decided that we should all get out for a walk after the monkeys were up from nap.  It wasn't really that sunny by the time we got all geared up and pottied and out the door, but the temperature was mild and it was nice to get fresh air!


There was much fun to be had in the puddle department.


It's so cool that I have two completely mobile and (relatively) independent girls now.  Sam was carried a few times, like down the stairs.  But that's more because Lily and I are impatient with how slow she walks ha!  

So I just love this walking path.  It actually runs parallel to our road... but think of it as running along the backyards of the neighbors across the street.  We walk across the street, down the road a little to the left and there are stairs that take you down to this path.  Or you can walk all the way to the end of the street and meet up with the path, too.  But I love using the stairs and getting there fast cause then the girls can just walk and explore and not get hit by cars. Always a plus.


So as we were walking and exploring, we came up to the bend where that guy is standing.  Except when I first saw him he was way over across the field where those kids are running (by the evergreen trees) and I was like oh cool he's walking his dogs.  But then I noticed something was off about the dogs.  Mainly, that they weren't dogs.  


This, my friends, is why I can't go anywhere in this beautiful and intriguing country without my camera!  


Mr. Goat Guy spoke pretty good English, which was nice.  And he was totally down with the girls petting his pets, which was SUPER nice.  Apparently the black goat is more trustworthy than the brown/white one, because he wasn't on a leash.  

So I can now check "see a man walking a goat on a leash" off of my bucket list.  I LOVE GERMANY!

8 comments:

  1. PROPOSED CAPTION- THE GIRLSIES AND THE GOATS...


    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The memories you are building are priceless!

    Lettie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so glad I have this little space on the internet to document our journey... that the girls will have it to "re-live" the memories, too!

      Delete
  3. Toni - the girlses and the goatses! Excellent caption!!!

    Jess - did Sammy yell "no NO NOOO goat!" about 40 times? no animal encounter is complete without that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha no I don't think she did... I can't remember her saying much at all actually! Just lots of giggles and smiles from both girls.

      Delete
  4. Hahaha, that is GREAT. Why not have pet goats and walk them around?

    ReplyDelete