Right Click Block

Friday, October 18, 2013

She's So Ready for School (and I'm Trying Not to Hyperventilate)



Look out world, this chick is ready for kindergarten!  I know I owe everyone pictures of my new haircut (yes to the facebook stalkers, I know you saw that Steph posted some pics and YES I will post more soon.  I just haven't gotten to it yet but I promise it's in this week's queue) and I know that I want to show you vacation pictures from the Canary Islands, BUT I'm busy this weekend and the true excitement around this house is that Lily-bear starts Kindergarten on Monday!

She is modeling her new "gymnastics shoes" by doing a 4-year-old version of a yoga pose ;o)




We aren't quite sure what gymnastics will entail, but she will have it every Wednesday and her teacher told me to get her these special shoes with rubber on the bottom.  I didn't know what she was talking about so she grabbed another kid's bag to show me.  And Globus to the rescue! because as soon as I saw them I recognized them (I almost bought them once on accident as slippers for Lily) so I was able to get her HER FAVORITE COLOR and everything.  Win.

PS how wonderful that her teacher (Frau Becke, don't quote me on the spelling yet) not only speaks awesome English, but is the sweetest lady ever and totally put Lily (and me!) right at ease!  Lily didn't want to leave after our visit a few weeks ago :o)  And I don't blame her, the place is downright magical.  More details to come after I get comfortable enough to bring my camera in!




So that's that... my big girl is off to school this week!  I'm really excited for this season... I think it's going to be good for all three of us.  Lily is SO PUMPED to be going to school "all by mys-self" for a few hours a day.  And Sam and I are pretty dang excited to have one-on-one time for the first time in her life.  It's going to be weird, but good.  (And short, because Sam is registered to start in April!)

Who wants to place bets on how soon before Lily speaks more German than me? ;o)

2 comments:

  1. so exciting! I know I really really loved our nursery school and sending my oldest there and having alone time with #2. We moved away before #2 or 3 could have a chance to attend =( also, I think everyone in your family could use a pair of those shoes, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gigi's so excited for you, Lily!!!! Have fun and tell me all about it later this week - I'll need to talk to you on skype!

    ReplyDelete