Right Click Block

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Sleepy Sam | Slow Down, We've Got Time Left to be Lazy...



This is what mornings look like lately. [Courtesy of my iPod Touch.]

I've never been into co-sleeping. I don't know how baby #2s are born if baby #1 sleeps with mom and dad. But that's none of my business. All I know is that it's my business that neither of my babies shared a bed with us. The kids slept in their own spaces. 

(Now when they were teeny-tiny and needed breast-milk every five minutes, they slept in a pack 'n play in our room. But never in our bed.)

Things are different at this age. Now, my husband spends half of his time working shifts that means he doesn't even get to sleep at night with me. And both of our children are great sleepers. But they're just growing up so fast. On the weekends, I like to have lazy afternoon naps with them... I force them both to snuggle with me on the pull out couch in the toy room. And with J working nights, I try to stay up as late as I can and of course that means I don't really want to wake up early with the monkeys!

Sam has always been my snuggly-bug. And my morning-girl. Lily has always been the one who wants to sleep in. Who am I to argue if Sam wants to wake up early every day and come snuggle with me for an hour so BOTH Lily and I get to sleep in a little? (Sometimes she even falls back to sleep! Mostly she lets me fall back to sleep as long as I periodically rub her back!)

Try as I might I can't get Lily to come snuggle with me in the mornings. I guess she wants her own space and her own alone-time to power on for the day! To each her own :o)

So like I said, this is what morning have been looking like lately. Things will change soon when Daddy's on days again. But for now, this is the life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment