Right Click Block

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Best Swing EVER. Also, My Children are Turning into Thrill-Seekers



According to my girls, these "bird nest" swings are just about the best part of Germany. (Since tiny humans don't get to drink beer I won't argue with them on that)

We love that our village recently installed one right at our favorite playground. It is now completely impossible for me to get them to walk home from kindy without stopping at the playground for at least 15 minutes. Good thing we aren't usually in a hurry ;o)

It's also much longer to walk home without passing by the playground, so I'm kind of screwed if I want to be in a hurry anyways. But that's besides the point.




The point is: These two are not happy on that swing unless I am pushing them as high as possible. 





It gets to the point sometimes that I have this little voice in the back of my Mommy-brain asking "is this dangerous?"




For example, I make them lay down which seems safe because theoretically, centrifugal force is going to keep them in the swing, right? RIGHT? 

But Sam may or may not be airborne in this shot, so I'm questioning whether or not I'm remembering the principles of centrifugal force accurately. Which wouldn't surprise me in the least since I failed physics in high school. (I may or may not have been hiding my Harry Potter books behind my physics book during class)  (Centrifugal force is physics, right?) ;o) 




Anyways, neither offspring has fallen out of said swing going at said speeds/heights. So I'm going to stick with pushing them as high as I can so I get to hear their squeals of delight some more! 

I guess I'll just have to accept the fact that I will get the most-irresponsible-mom-of-the-year award if they do fall out ;o) but what can I say?

#atleastshewashavingfunwhenshebrokeherarm


No comments:

Post a Comment