Right Click Block

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

I'm Falling More and More in Love with Family Photography



When I first started out in photography, I was not super interested in being a "family photographer." But lately, I find myself looking forward to those family sessions the best!

I think it's because I like the rush of a challenge. 

And trying to orchestrate a fun family session that captures the true personalities of the kids AND parents is definitely a challenge.




When I photographed the Aldridge kiddos, I really got to thinking about how much I love shooting kids. It was my first time shooting a family of three kids and I had a lot of nervous excitement going into the shoot.

Jessica vs. three kids under the age of five? Bring it on! 





I always end up getting back into my car sweaty and exhausted, but with a huge smile on my face.

All of the photography I do is rewarding, but working with children is one of my favorites. 

There is something so special about coming alongside a family and helping the parents snag some beautiful photos of their beautiful children.




As a Momma of two quickly growing girls, I am pretty passionate about photographing each stage of a child's life.

Because some days it doesn't feel like they'll EVER grow up and you're just so dang tired and can't wait to get them into bed... but some days you get it. You see how fleeting their childhood is. And you know you want to remember as much of it as you possible can.

So while photographing children is by far not the easiest part of my job, it's definitely worth it.

Can you relate? Tell me in the comments what challenges you find yourself loving to take on! 


4 comments:

  1. Oh! I want to be a photographer! Professional, Personal I don't care. Your photos are beautiful!! I'm off to start saving for a real camera!!

    Inspirational!
    R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Robyn thanks for taking the time to share your kind words! While you save for that "real" camera, make sure you learn everything you can about taking beautiful pictures with the camera you have! I'm a firm believer that it's not the gear that makes the art - it's the artist!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Melanie! That's exactly what I strive for!

      Delete