Right Click Block

Friday, December 5, 2014

4 Fun Ways to Celebrate Cookie Cutter Week


Raise your hand if you knew that this week is cookie cutter week! 

Not me, that's for sure!

But ever since I found out, I've had cookie cutters (and cookie cutter related fun) on the brain!

So what can you do to celebrate cookie cutter week? 

1. Cookies. There's always that ;-) We're a little sugared out from having Thanksgiving and Sammy's birthday back to back... so I'm going to hold off on cookie making till early next week. But I'm definitely excited for Ginger Bread Men this year. Even though decorating with the girls leads to hurricane sprinkles all over my floor! It's such a fun memory. If you want to see my tutorial on easy "fancy" Christmas cookies, check out this post.

2. Applesauce ornaments. I am really excited about this one because I think they're going to smell up the whole house in the most fabulous way. This is the recipe I'm going to use. I also think they look super classy and rustic. The girls will be able to help but it doesn't seem too stressful or involved. YAY!

3. Christmas tree play dough decorating. This is probably the one we're going to do this week. Here's the post. I am overdue to make us a fresh batch of playdough, so I may as well make it Christmas colored and let them have a blast! I think Lily is going to be especially excited about this one because she loves to decorate things. And we have a whole bunch of sparkly crafty bling she can use.

4. Paint stamping. I just randomly had this idea and I don't know if it will work, but we have tons and tons of plain packing paper that I use to wrap gifts. I think that I'll give the girls some green and red paint and some of our Christmas cookie cutters and let them make us some fun wrapping paper to spruce things up under the tree!

What are you doing to enjoy your cookie cutters this season? I'd love to hear from you in the comments! 




Also, what's your favorite cookie cutter? Mine is this gem that Kirsten and I found in Colmar. I can't wait to make a bunch of cute gingerbread stars for my morning mugs of coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment