Right Click Block

Friday, May 28, 2010

Baking Fun

Just so you can all drool over the results of my new America's Test Kitchen Family Baking Book I will document the deliciousness here.

Project #1: Raspberry Jam Thumbprints. Made with sidekick Bethany Rawleigh. So cute...we felt like we should have a tea party to go along with them! Also, we decided that since they had jam AND a little bit of cream cheese in them they were basically the perfect breakfast cookie! ;o) We need to make these again for mom. She wants us to.


Project #2: Spiced Pumpkin Cheesecake. Also made with sidekick Bethany. It was an all day project but so unbelievably worth it! I really want to make this one a Thanksgiving tradition since I don't really like pumpkin pie all that much. I don't think I'll have a hard time convincing Jess since his favorite dessert is cheesecake! :o)


Project #3: Homemade Oreos. Make with sidekick Bethany and special guest sidekick Tai Polczynski. And a little help from Steph I think...can't remember, though. Well anyways we did like these a lot. They were a little harder to get as pretty as the picture, but they tasted fantastic. And don't be fooled...they didn't actually taste like oreos. But they were all gone in about two days!

2 comments:

  1. I made pumpkin cheesecake for Thanksgiving last year. So. Very. Yummy. :) And I want the recipe for the "oreos". Now. Before I get angry. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first thing Ben said when he ate one was, "Does this have coffee in it?" Soooo...apparently that was more obvious that I thought. haha That stinkin' extra dash!!
    :oP

    ReplyDelete