Right Click Block

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Fat Lip

This is kind of a bad picture cause it's from my cell, but as you can see, Lily got her first fat lip last week. Here's the story:

I woke up on Monday feeling pretty good. It was our first day home without Jesse or a car, but the sun was shining and Lily was in a good mood. I put on my new white maternity tee...and wondered to myself why on earth I chose white!?!? I mean, come on Jess, white? Not that *I'm* particularly messy, I'm just finding it harder to keep clothes clean looking when your kid is always rubbing her face all over you. Well, I put it on anyways. Should have known :o)

We were just working in the bathroom...and by working I mean I was unpacking a box and Lily was playing on the floor with some toys. When all the sudden I heard the slip/thud of her losing her balance and hitting what sounded like her head on the tile floor. Then I heard the cry. You experienced parents know what I'm talking about. The cry. The cry that means this is a bad one, your kid is hurt, she needs you!!! She was already up and trying to turn frantically to get to me when I scooped her up in my arms to comfort her. We walked into my room and she was still screaming the cry so I thought I should take her off my shoulder and check the damage.

What I saw was a shoulder covered in blood! Blech. (For those of you who don't know, Jesse is supposed to be the one to take care of the bloody situations. Unfortunately for me it seems that he's never around when I slice my finger open or when our kid busts her lip. Sheesh) Well anyway I stayed relatively calm considering, and rushed to get a rag to wipe up her mouth and find out where she was actually bleeding from. I was afraid it was her tooth. Turns out it was just her lip, which I figured was going to be fine. At this point, both her and I have blood on our clothes and she's freaking out and I don't really know what I'm supposed to do to calm her so I did the only thing I could think of: nursed her! :o)

Not only did she chill out, but she chilled out long enough for the bleeding to stop. And she hardly fussed about her big fat lip the whole rest of the day. She's a tough one like her dad not a sissy like her mom, apparently :o) Oh, and I did learn from all this that borax and washing soda take blood out of white shirts!

Coming soon to a blog near you: a post about Bug-zilla, my new cockroach arch-enemy. And hopefully a success story about how I caught him. And some pictures. I promise Mom, I WILL post pictures. (Um, of Lily, not of Bug-zilla...well maybe ONE of Bug-zilla...but mostly of Lily!)

No comments:

Post a Comment