Right Click Block

Friday, September 10, 2010

Lost and Found

So Jesse woke me up in a panic yesterday morning. Really early yesterday morning. I think it might have been 4:30am?

"Babe, have you seen my keys and watch???"

As I groggily tried to focus my mind on the answer (which was no) I was surprised that I had the presence of mind to a) tell him to use my keys and forget about the watch and b) NOT tell him "I told you so" ;o)

See, we have this ongoing fake argument about how I'm super organized (to an obsessive, often annoying degree) and he's more...uh..."free-spirited" about where his things are. Example: I've never lost my keys. Ever. Not once. And Jesse...well...yeah.

I've tried over the past three years to convince him to use one of my cute baskets as a catch all for his stuff...phone, keys, wallet, sunglasses, etc. Those are always the "hey, have you seen my...?" items. But he refuses :o) A tiger can't change his stripes...but I digress...

So I wasn't about to crawl about of bed and help him look (helpful wifey that I am!) and he decided taking my keys was a good idea. Whew! Who knew it was possible to have a good idea at 4:30am? Unless it was COFFEE. But anyways, he left and I went back to sleep for a few hours.

I actually forgot to actively look for the missing keys and watch, but I didn't notice them anywhere throughout the day. The funny thing was that we knew they had to be somewhere in the house since he DROVE HOME with the keys! :o) But they were very craftily hidden by one of us.

I jokingly blamed him. He jokingly blamed me. Okay...maybe neither of us were joking :o) but we weren't yelling yet ;o) Jesse's favorite thing to say in situations where he can't find *something* that he put *somewhere* is that "you disappeared them!" which is usually true...I disappear them to where they belong! But in the case of said missing keys and watch, I was clueless. I have a pretty good memory about relocating his stuff...usually.

After LJ was in bed I heard cackling from our room. I went in to discover him holding his dress shoes and laughing and pointing at me! Inside the shoes were...the keys in the left and the watch in the right!

Enter the next fake argument. He says it's my fault for moving the shoes. I say that's crazy talk because the shoes don't BELONG under a pile of laundry in the middle of the floor! They BELONG behind the door of the closet under the uniforms...which is where they were. And don't even get me started on where the keys and watch DON'T BELONG!!! :o)

So we found the keys and watch. And laughed a lot. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment