Right Click Block

Monday, October 4, 2010

Sugar Rush

I'm giddy with excitement over a soon-to-be-pulled-off surprise for Jesse...and it's a good one! BUT I'm going to refrain from getting ahead of myself and blogging about it before I actually pull it off! :o) The masterpiece should be accomplished sometime this afternoon/early evening. In the meantime, here's a story about how I almost killed myself with sugar this weekend.

Ironically, when I was signing up for my glucose test on Friday morning, I was thankful that I hadn't had anything sugary that morning...little did I know I was about to lose my mind and nearly kill myself! :o)

In a momentary lapse of self-control I ate almost a whole row of Oreo cookies in one sitting! I am going to try to make myself feel better about this by saying it was Jesse's fault that they were in the house, because I took him grocery shopping with me, and when will I ever learn to STOP DOING THAT??? :o) But uh, yeah...he didn't force me to eat the suckers. That was all me. What is wrong with me?

Especially since I knew I was going to bake these yummies, and again we'll blame Jesse here. Because the best way to tell him I love him is to bake him yummy things...which I'm trying to do at least once a week...maybe I should stop. There's gotta be a better way to a man's heart! Oatmeal Fudge Bars. YUM. And yes, I ate...a LOT of them.

Now these puppies ARE my fault. APPARently there's this trick that I didn't know when trying to melt chocolate over a gas stove. You can't. Oops. You gotta use a double boiler or the microwave, as my sweetie taught me...after I screwed up the chocolate that was supposed to be going into the bars. It got all crumbly and weird...NOT fudgy and yummy looking. Thankfully I had a big bag of choc chips so I could try again. But I just couldn't throw out the chocolate now could I? I just had to make it into cute little peanut butter chocolate bon-bons like I saw in a magazine, right? And I just *had* to eat a bunch of them, too, right? AHHHHHH!

By Saturday night I'm nearing sugar death...and Jesse decides to stop and get me a strawberry milkshake from McDonald's after we walked around the outlets for two hours. And I complained about all the sugar but I still drank it. He helped. But I'm still blaming him on that one, too.

And on Sunday I ate one. last. treat for the weekend and then packed the rest in the freezer for next weekend. And a few in Jesse's lunch for today. And then I slipped into a sugar coma.

I'm alive now and there are no more sweets readily within reach so hopefully I'll be able to control myself from a freezer-raid until Friday. Good grief. And you can tell me it's not my fault cause I'm pregnant, but I prefer to think I lost my mind for a bit! :o) I shall recover by eating up all the yummy fruits and veggies we stocked up on this weekend! The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment