Right Click Block

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

According to Germany, Summer's Over. What a Jerkface.



Um. Dear Germany,

WHAT THE HECK! It's still August dude. DUDE.

I was trying to stay strong and optimistic. I was laughing at the Germans getting out their winter coats. I was refusing to wear a coat at all. I kept telling people who said "summer's over" to bite their tongue.

"There will be nice weather again soon." I said. I hoped.

But I cave. Mostly in the form of hot cups of tea, spiced candles, wool socks, and slippers. YES SLIPPERS. IN AUGUST. Germanyyyyyyyyy!

The girls are midway through a three week school break. I had imagined we'd be spending a lot of time soaking up the sun by the side of the local pool. Instead we're snuggling up on the couch eating popcorn for dinner and watching movies!

I even started a fire this weekend! It was J's idea, but I was all over it. Neither of us really wanted to admit it, but we both wanted a cozy morning fire ;o) And we even finished off our last bottle of last year's boilo! (Drew, we're allowed to drink it in the summer if it's actually fall weather, right? RIGHT?)

Alright Germany. Fine. Though I don't feel I had nearly enough time to bond with my sandals and sundresses, I really do love my boots and scarves. I guess I'll just have to embrace it!

A part of me still hopes you'll grace us with some September sunshine... but fall is lovely here and you can just bring it on if you're in that much of a hurry!




Love,
Someone Who Thrives on Sunshine. And Survives in Germany with Artificial Light Therapy.



No comments:

Post a Comment