Right Click Block

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Inspiring Quote | Happy Fall




A friend shared this quote on facebook this week and I just can't get it out of my mind....

"Live each Season as it passes - breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each." - Henry David Thoreau

The "resign yourself" could be interpreted in a negative light but it actually makes me feel pretty peaceful when I look around me at the changing season(s) (of fall and of life) and just truly soak everything in and embrace it!






We all know that fall is a beautiful time of year.

There are certain comforts that come with the changing of the seasons... but since moving to Germany, fall has become a little difficult for me.

You see, I hate the cold and I hate the dark. And fall comes before winter. And winter here is pretty much nothing but cold and dark.

But I don't want to miss out on the beauty of this season because I'm conflicted about the next season!

So I'm "resigning myself" to fall, and whatever comes next! 

How about you? Can you use a little dose of good old Henry's wisdom? Any other fellow residents of Germany (or anywhere else!) struggle with this?


No comments:

Post a Comment