Right Click Block

Friday, December 2, 2011

Bring on the Mess and the Eventual Independence


I've just recently realized I need to man up and start letting Sam learn more self-feeding... specifically in the arena of messy foods like yogurt, oatmeal, and soups.  Things we eat a lot of but that I generally just spoon-feed her myself since I would rather not clean up the mess.  She's great with easier finger foods (like peas and beans and bread and pretty much anything else!) but the more gooey foods tend to create so much more of a mess.


This mess...


...and this mess...


...and this mess.  I mean, it's really not that bad.  But what Momma wants to add more time to post-meal clean-up?  Not me!  Except that I realized Lily was already getting pretty good with yogurt at this age.  So it's probably time to give it a go.


I mean this chick is pretty much a yogurt-oatmeal-soup-eating-pro!  Who has the best on-camera grin.


"Don't worry Momma... Sissy will get the hang of it soon."

4 comments:

  1. ahhh such sage encouragement from someone so young! hehe... but really, Sam looks like she tried to give herself an upper body yogurt treatment!! and she relished every bit of it!!!
    Great job Jess, venturing into the land of "no- matter-how-well-you-wipe-youll-find-some-in-some-body-crevice-or-cavity-at-some-point-later" and of course, the discovery is when you're in the company of others who haven't ventured into that oh so special land! you are a b-r-a-v-e lady!
    love you guys x0x0x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Jen!!! You just wait... your time will come my friend ;o)

    ReplyDelete