Right Click Block

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Recipe | Easy Weeknight Stuffed Squash with Sausage, Feta, and Basil



We don't enjoy squash nearly enough in this house. Each time I make it I remember how much I love it!

So this was a recent favorite... even got two thumbs up from Double Trouble!

They might have been more excited to eat out of the "squash bowls" but hey, making mealtimes fun means they sometimes eat more of the meal!





While the sausages were cooking, I was roasting the squash in the oven. 

Just preheat the oven to 400 degrees, cut each squash in half and remove the seeds. Brush with oil and roast cut side down for 40-50 minutes until you can poke a fork into them without resistance.

[ side note: I've said it before and I'll say it again, the America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook has been my constant friend in the kitchen ever since I got married. It basically taught me how to cook. Every home should have one. And if you follow my amazon link then they will give me a financial high five for referring you! Thanks for your support! ]




Once they are cooked through, I carefully flip them over and fill them with stuff. This particular night I had sausages, feta, basil, and a little bit of sun dried tomatoes on hand.

So I splashed some balsamic on them and popped them back in the oven until the cheese was getting all melty and delicious.



This just in: watching little kids try to imitate the way you eat with a fork and knife is freaking hilarious!




Yum. Now I'm hungry for squash!

What do you like to stuff into winter squash? Leave me a comment with your family favorites!


No comments:

Post a Comment